Spoil your beloved with these 30 Gold Coast date ideas
Date on the cards? Spoiling your sweetheart isn’t a hard task on the southern end of the Sunshine State. The Gold Coast is home to a bevy of different date ideas, no matter where your interest lies. Whether it’s a first date, or a long-term lover, wooing your beloved is easy with these 30 date ideas on the Gold Coast.
For the foodies
1. Pack a picnic blanket and gourmet hamper and head straight to the iconic Burleigh Hill where locals gather to watch the surf and sunset in equal supply, or stroll a little further afield for the solitude of the headland in Burleigh Heads National Park.
2. Sample local delicacies with your sweetheart, joining the Mount Tamborine Wine and Cheese Tasting Tour which winds its way through the luscious Gold Coast Hinterland. Expect a day salivating over local delights; boutique liquor, craft beer, wine, cheese included.
3. Enjoy an indulgent dinner at one of the country’s best restaurants; Rick Shores is not only home to one of the best views in the state thanks to its beachfront location, but the Burleigh eatery is just as famous for its Moreton Bay Bug Rolls.
4. Take a romantic foray through the food markets that take place on Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays near Broadbeach. The Miami Marketta is the Gold Coast’s first street food market and kicks off from 5.00pm.
5. Hop your way around the growing collection of local breweries (your lover in tow). Burleigh Brewing Co and Balter are two of the district’s best, and accompany their local brews with regular visits from food trucks and local musicians.
6. Stroll hand-in-hand through The Village Markets. Taking place on the first and third Sunday every month at Burleigh Heads State School, the community event is a haven for produce, international fare, live music and local creatives.
7. Toast to your budding romance with a date spent bar crawling. The Gold Coast’s population of bars is booming (rooftop haunts included), with stand-outs including Hyde Paradiso and Burleigh Pavilion.
For the adventurous
8. Get better acquainted with the natural beauty of the Gold Coast Hinterland by 4WD. Southern Cross 4WD tours wind their way on a customised tour through the likes of Tamborine National Park, and the World Heritage-listed Lamington National Park.
9. Learn to hang ten together with a date spent on the waves. Broadbeach Surf School is one of the district’s most renowned ways to learn the surf, led by instructors who teach both private lessons and small groups.
10. Take to the high seas at speed with Paradise Jet Boating. The specialty tour operator will whisk you and your date off on a 55-minute journey through Moreton Bay Marine Park, with 360 degree spins, high-speed drifting, power slides and beach buzzing promised.
11. Adrenalin-junkies in love need look no further for a date idea then Gold Coast Skydive. The only tandem skydiving operation on the Gold Coast, the company will whisk you and your date sky high, before you float gently towards Kirra Beach.
12. Enjoy the best view of the Gold Coast that money can buy with a trip in a propeller-driven Warbird aircraft. Gold Coast Adventure Flights offer an aerobatic or adventure option for in their Russian YAK 52, both paths coast over Surfers Paradise and the Hinterland.
13. Grab your bike and cruise along one of the many bike-friendly paths in tandem that line the Gold Coast and its hinterland. If you don’t currently boast your own set of wheels you can hire for the day from one of Get on Your Bike’s multiple outlets.
For the young-at-heart
14. Navigate your way through the light maze of Infinity. The multi-sensory experience will see you and your crush plunged into darkness, spending the next few hours winding your way through 20 changing, interactive spaces.
15. Test your golfing skills with a game at Putt Putt Mermaid Beach. Sitting conveniently central, the Gold Coast date haven offers guests three themed 18 hole courses, as well as an arcade to choose from.
16. Spend date night at the movies courtesy of Yatala Drive-In. The historic establishment on the cusp of the Gold Coast screens new blockbusters alongside classics, and has a 1950s-style diner to match.
17. Take advantage of the Gold Coast’s blossoming population of theme parks with your crush in tow. The likes of Warner Bros. Movie World, Dreamworld, and Wet’n’Wild are just a hop, skip and a jump from Broadbeach.
18. Share an interest for the curious with your sweetheart? Ripleys Believe it or Not! Odditorium has long been a favourite for visitors to the Gold Coast courtesy of its 15 individually themed galleries of curios and interactive exhibits.
For outdoors enthusiasts
19. Explore the Natural Bridge which sits in Springbrook National Park. Situated in the midst of a luscious haven of natural flora and fauna, the rock formation was carved across millions of years by water falling through the roof of a basalt cave.
20. Spend the morning gazing at visiting Humpback Whales. Spirit of Gold Coast Whale Watching is a family-run enterprise that specialises in daily tours introducing you to the giants of the deep.
21. Impress your date with a hike through O’Reilly’s Treetop Walkway. Traipse along the nine suspension bridges elevated 15metres above the rainforest canopy, and gander at the views out onto the surrounding valley.
22. Take control of the wheel, quite literally, with an adventure to Stradbroke Island. Your five hours spent with Gold Coast Island Buggy Tours will see you and your date stand-up paddle board, buggy, swim, and segway around the natural wonder.
23. Meander your way through Tamborine Mountain, nestled in the third oldest national park in the world. There are 12 different walking tracks to choose from here, as well as postcard-perfect must-visits like Cedar Creek and Witches Falls.
24. Animal lovers will find a day spent with native fauna hard to beat. Not-for-profit Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the best places on the Gold Coast to get up close and personal with locals like lorikeets and kangaroos.
For lovers of luxury
25. One of the best date ideas on the Gold Coast is to watch the sunset from its highest point; the SkyPoint Climb takes place on the top of the Q1 building in Surfers Paradise and at 270 metres tall is one of the country’s highest external building walks.
26. Pamper your sweetheart with a day spent at the spa. There’s a bounty of beauty and relaxation specialists that call the Gold Coast home. Those not sure where to start can follow our guide.
27. Go glamping with Nightfall Wilderness Camp, in the heart of the idyllic Scenic Rim. You’ll spend the night in one of four permanent safari tents perched on the edge of Christmas Creek, indulging in decadent fire-cooked fare, and enjoying the tranquility of the surrounding forest.
28. Indulge in a night away at one of the Gold Coast’s luxury accommodation options. Among the sleeping arrangements available is quirky design haven QT Gold Coast, and the heavily Italian-inspired opulent Palazzo Versace at Marina Mirage.
29.Whisk your date on a mini getaway with a day trip to Lady Elliot Island. The coral cay on the southern tip of the Great Barrier Reef is regarded as one of the best snorkelling and diving destinations in the country.
30. Spend the day exploring the recently revamped (and renamed) The Star Coast. The self-professed ‘five star playground) boasts a 24-hour casino, multiple fine dining restaurants, two hotels and a spa.