50 Gold Coast date ideas to up the romance factor
Whether it’s The First Date or you’re trying to keep the flame burning with your better half, coming up with romantic and fun date ideas can be tricky.
So for all you lovers and charmers out there, let us be your guide with these 50 Gold Coast date ideas.
Got the Munchies?
2. Ahhh chocolate, it’s the food of love! Pick up some sweets from Sanctuary Cove Chocolate Shop while you stroll around the village and promenade, admiring your future yacht sitting in the marina… one can dream, right?
3. Stuff each other’s faces with all sorts of delicious goodies at the Miami Marketta Street Markets on every Wednesday, Friday and Saturday night.
4. Start the day with your fave person and a fresh and healthy brekkie. Take your pick from with this fit guide to the Gold Coast.
5. View the beach from above, cocktail in hand, at a trendy rooftop bar.
7. Dine on the beach (literally) at Rick Shores in Burleigh Heads. Do not leave without ordering a Moreton Bay bug roll.
10. Make it your shout at Burleigh Brewing Company on a Friday night with live music, delicious beer and a local food truck.
11. Book a table at Bin 72 in the heart of theThe Strand, Coolangatta and chow down on share plates as the last rays of sunshine peep through the giant Norfolk Pines.
12. Grab a takeaway coffee and a sweet treat from Paddock Bakery, head to the Organic Farmers Markets at Miami for some fresh produce and head back to your place to cook up a feast.
For the young at heart
13. Ain’t nothing like a bowling date with neon-lit alleys to make you feel young and in love! Don’t forget your socks when you head to Surfers Paradise Tenpin at the Paradise Centre.
14. If the weather is looking a little grey, check out Timezone Surfers Paradise for all the fun you can have indoors. We’re talking dodgem cars, mini golf, simulators, arcade games and more!
15. No matter how old you are, a visit to Putt Putt Golf Mermaid Beach is always going to be a good time. And they’re open until 10pm every night!
16. Movie date, old-school style, at the Yatala Drive-In Theatre. Bring some munchies, a cosy blanket and snuggle up!
17. See the latest exhibition at the Gold Coast City Gallery. With plenty of local, national and international exhibitions each year, there’s always something new and fresh to see.
18. Get your giggle on and catch a live comedy performance in The Basement at The Art’s Centre.
19. Get dolled up and head to The Star Gold Coast for some fancy drinks and a show.
20. Grab a coffee and stroll through The Village Markets in Burleigh Heads, on every first and third Sunday of the month. Follow it up with brekkie at The Pantry Cafe and you’ve got a morning well spent!
21. If you’re a fan of the blues or just love checking out new music, head to the Blues on Broadbeach Music Festival playing sweet tunes every May.
22. Spoil your date with the ultimate classy treat – dinner and a night at Palazzo Versace.
23. Grab your blanket and a camera and head to one of these top spots for sunsets and sunrises.
Something a lil’ different
24. Hire an eScooter and zip around Surfers Paradise like you’re in an Italian romance film.
25. Puppets, vampires AND dinner? A night at Dracula’s Cabaret Restaurant is sure to be a date to remember.
25. Take your relationship to new heights with the SkyPoint Twilight Climb on top of the Q1 building in Surfers Paradise. Stunning 360°sunset views of the Gold Coast await!
26. Head to Ripleys Believe It Or Not! Odditorium for more than a few conversation starters.
27. Work together to get through the mirrored, glow-in-the-dark, space-themed maze that is Infinity.
28. Take a night-time 4WD Tour of the Gold Coast Hinterland to explore the glow worm caves.
29. Get On Your Bike and cruise the coast’s beachside bike trails.
30. High-speed drifting, 360°spins and stunning scenery? Yep, sounds like an adventure on a Jet Boat Ride!
31. Take a sunset kayaking tour of Broadbeach and enjoy a glass of wine or frosty beer while you watch the sun go down.
32. Haven’t tried surfing yet? Cross that one off the bucket list with Broadbeach Surf School.
33. Nerves are kicking in… you’ve got butterflies in your tummy… heart is racing… Skydiving and dating sound similar, right? If you’re going to do it, do it right by landing on the beach with Gold Coast Skydive.
35. Hit up one of the Gold Coast’s theme parks for some serious fun. You won’t know if it’s the crazy rides or your special someone making you feel so light-headed!
36. Chase waterfalls with this guide to the best spots to make a splash in South East Queensland.
37. If water sports aren’t really your thing, hit up the cycling trails through the Gold Coast Hinterland.
You mean business
38. Morning whale watching is a pretty impressive way to kick-start the day, we reckon.
39. Explore the beautiful unspoiled coral of the Southern Great Barrier Reef on a day trip to Lady Elliot Island. Snorkel and buffet the day away!
41. Treat yourselves to a day of relaxation and pampering at one of the best day spas on the Gold Coast.
42. Take a half-day or full-day tour of Stradbroke Island. You even get to enjoy the island resort’s free activities like 4WD, sand tobogganing and jet skiing!
43. Go all out and glamp it up at Nightfall Wilderness Camp. It’s the ultimate romantic getaway with nights under the stars in your own private luxury tent with delicious fire-cooked organic cuisine.
44. Take to the air with an exhilarating flight over the city with Gold Coast Adventure Flights.
Get back to nature
45. Take a drive to explore the little village of Mount Glorious and walk through the lush rainforest of the Maiala National Park. On the way home make a pit-stop at the quirky Elm Haus Cafe and treat yourself to some delicious homemade cakes and coffee.
46. Check out the idyllic Natural Bridge nestled within Springbrook National Park. The unique waterfall and cave were created over millions of years by water tumbling through the roof of a basalt cave.
47. Take to Lamington National Park for some serious Insta-worthy nature snaps in the Green Mountains section. On the way back, you HAVE to stop for a little picnic at Picnic Rock. What better place?
48. Head on up to Tamborine Mountain and pick up some fudge at the famous Granny Macs, before working it off with a walk to Curtis Falls for a dip in the rock pools.
49. The O’Reilly’s Tree Top Walkway is not your average nature track. Your significant other will be wowed while you walk through the canopy along the nine suspension bridges that sway 15m above the ground.
What’s been your favourite date on the Gold Coast? If you’ve got date ideas to share, tell us in the comments below.
*This post was first published in 2015 and updated in January 2018.