50 Gold Coast date ideas to up the romance factor
Whether it’s The First Date or you’re trying to keep the flame burning with your better half, coming up with romantic and fun date ideas can be tricky.
So for all you lovers and charmers out there, let us be your guide through love with our 50 Gold Coast date ideas.
Got the Munchies?
1. Ahhh chocolate, it’s the food of love! Pick up some sweets and a hot choccie from the specialty confectionery Gods Sanctuary Cove Chocolates (Penelope Cruz snapped some up on a recent visit!) while you stroll around the village and promenade, admiring your future yacht sitting in the marina… one can dream, right?
2. Stuff each other’s faces with all sorts of delicious goodies at the Miami Marketta Street Markets on every Friday and Saturday night.
3. Grab a picnic blanket and a seafood feast from Fish Mongers (they’ve been serving Burleigh Heads locals since 1948 so they know their stuff when it comes to fresh seafood) and head down to the beach to watch the sun go down.
4. Start your day with your fave person and a fresh and healthy brekky at Raw Kitchen and Espresso. The best part? You can bring your pooch along too so they can enjoy their own special treats from the Doggy Menu.
5. To Germany! Kinda. Head to the Bavarian Bier Cafe for an authentic German schnitzel or sausage washed down with a stein or two of their Pure Bier. Don’t panic if you’re not too much of a beer lover, they also have a drool-worthy schnapps menu.
6. Feel drunk in love on a Mount Tamborine Wine and Cheese Tasting Tour through the Gold Coast Hinterland. And fellas, there is also a brewery stop on the way!
7. Book a table at Bin 72 in the heart of the The Strand, Coolangatta and chow down on Taco Tuesdays as the last rays of sunshine peep through the giant Norfolk Pines. At $5 a serve, who said romance comes at a cost?
8. After a lazy day at Kirra Beach, take a walk along the strand and treat your special someone with a scoop of gelato from the pros at Gelato Messina.
9. Puppets, vampires AND dinner? A night at Draculas Cabaret Restaurant is sure to be a date to remember.
10. Ladies, treat your man to a trip to the Burleigh Brewing Company on a Friday night for some live music, delicious beer and a local food truck.
11. Head to the Four Winds 360° Revolving Restaurant for a buffet dinner with a damn fine view (including that of your special someone, of course). Seriously, who doesn’t love a good buffet?!
12. Grab a takeaway coffee and a sweet treat from Paddock Bakery, head to the Organic Farmers Markets at Miami for some fresh produce and head back to your place to cook up a feast.
13. Get dolled up and head to Jupiters Hotel and Casino for some fancy drinks and a show.
For the young at heart
14. Ain’t nothing like a bowling date with neon-lit alleys to make you feel young and in love! Don’t forget your socks when you head to Surfers Paradise Tenpin at the Paradise Centre.
15. If the weather is a little grey, check out Timezone Surfers Paradise for all the fun you can have indoors. We’re talking dodgem cars, mini golf, simulators, arcade games and more, woohoo!
16. No matter how old you are, a visit to Putt Putt Golf Mermaid Beach is always going to be a good time. And they are open till 10pm every night!
17. Movie date old-school style at the Yatala Drive-In Theatre. Bring some munchies, a cosy blanket and snuggle up!
18. See the latest exhibition at the Gold Coast City Gallery. With over 20 local, national and international exhibitions each year, there’s always something new and fresh to see.
19. Get your giggle on and catch a live comedy performance in The Basement at The Art’s Centre.
20. Grab an early morning coffee and stroll through The Village Markets in Burleigh Heads, on every first and third Sunday of the month. Follow it up with brekkie at The Pantry Cafe and you’ve got a morning well spent!
21. If you’re a fan of the blues or just love checking out new music, head on down to the Blues on Broadbeach Music Festival playing sweet tunes from May 21-24, 2015.
22. Tamborine Cooking School hold regular cooking classes across a range of different cultural cuisines. It’s a great way to suss out what kind of foods you both like!
23. Grab your blanket and a camera and head to one of these top spots for sunsets and sunrises.
Something a lil’ different
24. Hire an eScooter and zip around Surfers Paradise like you’re in an Italian romance film.
25. Take your relationship to new heights with the SkyPoint Twilight Climb on top of the Q1 building in Surfers Paradise. Stunning 360°-sunset views of the Gold Coast await!
26. Head to Ripleys Believe It Or Not! Odditorium for more than a few conversation starters.
27. Enjoy some fresh air and breathtaking views while simultaneously learning some badass circus tricks.
28. Take a night-time 4WD Tour of the GC Hinterland to explore the glow worm caves.
29. Get On Your Bike and cruise the coast’s beachside bike trails.
30. High speed drifting, 360°-spins and stunning scenery? Yep, sounds like an adventure on a Jet Boat Ride!
31. Take a sunset kayaking tour of Broadbeach and enjoy a glass of wine or frosty beer while you watch the sun go down.
32. Haven’t tried surfing yet? Cross that one off the bucket list with Broadbeach Surf School.
33. Nerves are kicking in… you’ve got butterflies in your tummy… heart is racing… skydiving and dating sound similar right? If you’re going to do it, do it right by landing on the beach with Gold Coast Skydive.
34. Make like Scuba Steve and head to Wavebreak Island with Experience Oz to get down with the ocean floor.
35. Hit up one of the Gold Coast’s theme parks for some serious fun. You won’t know if it’s the crazy rides or your special someone making you feel so light-headed!
36. For something just a bit more cruisy, grab a SUP from Action Outdoor Hire and drift off together to explore the sunny beaches.
37. If water sports aren’t really your thing, hit up the cycling trails through the Gold Coast Hinterland.
You mean business
38. Morning whale watching is a pretty impressive way to kick start the day, we reckon.
39. Explore the beautiful unspoilt coral of the Southern Great Barrier Reef on a day trip to Lady Elliot Island. Snorkel and buffet the day away!
40. Hot air balloon over the Gold Coast and hinterland, followed by a champagne buffet at Chelo’s Restaurant at the Mercure Resort.
41. Treat yourselves to a day of relaxation and pampering at Ocean Day Spa in Surfers Paradise.
42. Take a half-day or full-day tour of Stradbroke Island. You even get to enjoy the island resort’s free activities like 4WD, sand tobogganing and jet skiing!
43. Go all out and glamp it up at Nightfall Wilderness Camp. It’s the ultimate romantic getaway with nights under the stars in your own private luxury tent and delicious fire-cooked organic cuisine.
44. Take a guided horse riding trail through the incredibly scenic Numinbah Valley.
Get back to nature
45. Take a drive to explore the little village of Mount Glorious and walk through the lush rainforest of the Maiala National Park. On the way home make a pit-stop at the quaint and quirky Elm Haus Cafe and treat yourself to some delicious homemade cakes and coffee.
46. Check out the idyllic Natural Bridge nestled within Springbrook National Park. The unique waterfall and cave was created over millions of years by water tumbling through the roof of a basalt cave.
47. Take the Elabana Falls track through Lamington National Park for some serious Insta-worthy nature snaps. On the way back, you HAVE to stop for a little picnic at Picnic Rock. What better place?
48. Head on up to Tamborine Mountain and pick up some fudge at the famous Granny Macs, before working it off with a walk to Cedar Creek Falls for a dip in the rock pools.
49. The O’Reilly’s Tree Top Walkway is not your average nature track. Your significant other will be wowed while you walk through the canopy along the nine suspension bridges that sway 15m above the ground.
50. Sunset + beach = perfection! Pick up some goods from Ferry Rd Market and head down to Justins Park in Burleigh Heads for a BBQ.