Recipe: Mountain bush pepper and desert lime whole baked barramundi
1 whole barramundi, scaled and gutted
½ teaspoon mountain bush pepper, crushed
4 tablespoons of light soya sauce
6 desert limes, sliced
Large knob of ginger, julienned
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven at 250°C for 20 minutes, then turn down to 180°C.
2. Rinse your barramundi and dry well. Make 3 even slashes on both sides and sprinkle with mountain bush pepper.
3. Lay a sheet of baking paper on a tray and place the barramundi in the centre. Pour soya sauce over the fish and place the thin slices of desert lime, ginger, garlic, red chilli and spring onions over the flesh.
4. Once the barramundi is dressed up, grab the corners of the baking paper and bring to the centre. Fold over to create a parcel, ensuring you leave a little hole to allow for the steaming process.
5. Cook for 25–35 minutes. If your fish is larger, cook for 35–45 minutes or until the fish flesh turns white. Serve on a bed of rice or with a salad of your choice.
Want to know where you can buy bush tukka ingredients? Check out this post.
*Photography Keren Freeman