Why you need an Outback road trip [competition]
Note: This competition closes on 9th August 2013 at 11:59pm.
After another year of grinding through the corporate rat race you’re finally there. You’ve cashed in your savings, bought a holiday package you’re not sure you can afford, and finally you might just get some peace of mind.
Cocktail in hand? Check. Sunshine? Check. Someone else looking after the small ones? Check. Internet connection… you really want to go there?
You won’t touch those work emails until you get back? You won’t go on Facebook? Yeah, right.
We have the remedy for you: we’ll send you to a place where you won’t get a 24-hour internet connection, nor will you get mobile phone coverage or any other distraction you keep telling yourself you really need.
Instead we’ll show you the real Australia.
This means camping under a sky with more stars than anywhere else in the world, blood red sunsets, and a chance to eat real food (read: meat) with real people who don’t Instagram their breakfasts.
This is Outback Queensland. A place to connect with good mates over a beer and a laugh. And you bloody well deserve to be a part of it.
We’re giving away the ultimate Outback road trip for you and three mates. If you don’t have mates, bring family. If that fails, we’ll talk.
What you’ll be doing
- Spend 14 days on the road through Queensland’s Outback and Channel country.
- Help our Outback mail man deliver the mail to some of Australia’s most remote properties.
- Drink beer.
- Watch the southern hemisphere unfold above you through one of the Charleville Cosmos Centre’s Meade telescopes.
- Go fishing on Cooper’s Creek.
- Have another beer.
- Visit the famous Dig Tree and follow in the footsteps of Burke and Wills.
- Take a scenic flight over the border to watch the changing colours of Lake Eyre.
- Party it up at the Birdsville Races, the biggest Outback event of the year.
All you have to do is answer our simple quiz on the Outback Queensland Facebook page and you’re in!
Cover photo by Linda Elliot Photography.