Red roses. Giant teddy bears. Heart-shaped boxes of chocolates. Yep, like it or loathe it, Valentine’s Day is just a little over 24 hours away.
While Hallmark and florists are busy watching the oncoming cash wave that the St Valentine’s tide brings in every February 14, romantic dinners and long weekends away are predicted to be the most popular ways to celebrate this year.
Whether you’re embracing or running screaming from the universal day of love, we’ve gathered some handy resources to get you through.
- Lock down a last-minute date with this round-up of events and set menu options in Brisbane for V.Day – think high tea on a rose-covered balcony; champagne, tapas and a flick under the stars; and a sinful chocolate master class.
- And make sure you’re well versed in who pays on that dinner date, no matter where you are in the world.
- Clueless Brisbanites should follow this recipe for success on February 14.
- Bake your way into your love’s heart with the Gallery of Modern Art restaurant’s Strawberry and Vanilla Eaton Mess, whip up some simple Raspberry Tartlets for Two.
- Since there’s likely to be a rose shortage this year, give the man his (maple baked) bacon with this clever twist on a bouquet of roses.
- Heading off on an adventure? Read these tips for couples’ travel first.
- If you’ve got more cash than Kanye and Kim, splash out with one of these over-the-top hotel packages around the world.
- Single or attached? Lonely Planet knows the best places to get married or escape after a break up.