Getting ready to plan a holiday online? Have you considered riding the Pinterest wave?
If the terms ‘pinning’ and ‘repinning’ are new to you, here’s a quick rundown: Pinterest is an online alternative to cutting inspiring images out of magazines and pinning them on a corkboard – the computer mouse becomes your scissors, the World Wide Web is your magazine and the Pin It button becomes the thumbtack.
Travel is, not surprisingly, one of the most popular categories on Pinterest with visual inspiration a huge motivator behind making travel plans. Hands up who’s seen a picture of a pretty sunset shimmering on the ocean and said: “I want to be there right now!”?
You can use it as a source of inspiration, showcase your own mad photography skills or discover handy travel tips. The best part is all images on Pinterest link back to the original source, so you can easily compile a visual ‘guidebook’ to come back to when you’re putting together a travel itinerary. Pretty and clever.
New to Pinterest? To get you started, we’ve listed our pick of who to follow and a few of our favourite boards for travel pinspiration!
We just had to include our boards for you to take a peek at. You can be notified of our latest blog posts by following the Queensland Blog board, get the lowdown on must-do experiences with the Queensland Bucket List board or just get a cute animal fix.
More destinations to follow:
- Australia for Aussie Icons, Cute Animals: Koalas and Travel Inspiration
- Tourism Whitsundays for Whitsunday Weddings, Traveller’s Photos and Favourite Spots
- Mission Beach Tourism for Mission Beach Birds, Tropical Paradise and Islands
More bloggers to follow:
- Zoe @ Oceania Island Living for Beautiful Tropical World, Beach Wisdom and Sail Away
- Ben Southall for Great Barrier Reef and diving, running all over the world and my blogs
Are you on Pinterest? Do you have a favourite travel-inspired board that you follow? Share it with us in the comments below.